blinker(redirected from Automotive lighting)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to Automotive lighting: Hella
1. One that blinks, especially a light that blinks in order to convey a message or warning.
2. blinkers See blinder.
tr.v. blink·ered, blink·er·ing, blink·ers
To put blinders on.
1. (Automotive Engineering) a flashing light for sending messages, as a warning device, etc, such as a direction indicator on a road vehicle
2. (often plural) a slang word for eye1
3. to provide (a horse) with blinkers
4. to obscure with or as if with blinkers
1. a device for flashing light signals.
2. a flashing light, as for regulating traffic.
3. either of two leather flaps on a bridle, to prevent a horse from seeing sideways; blinder.v.t.
4. to put blinkers on.
Past participle: blinkered
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||blinker - a light that flashes on and off; used as a signal or to send messages|
|2.||blinker - a blinking light on a motor vehicle that indicates the direction in which the vehicle is about to turn|
electrical system - equipment in a motor vehicle that provides electricity to start the engine and ignite the fuel and operate the lights and windshield wiper and heater and air conditioner and radio
visual signal - a signal that involves visual communication
|3.||blinker - blind consisting of a leather eyepatch sewn to the side of the halter that prevents a horse from seeing something on either side|
|Verb||1.||blinker - put blinders on (a horse)|
cover - provide with a covering or cause to be covered; "cover her face with a handkerchief"; "cover the child with a blanket"; "cover the grave with flowers"