automotive(redirected from Automotives)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Encyclopedia.
1. Moving by itself; self-propelling or self-propelled.
2. Of or relating to self-propelled vehicles.
1. (Automotive Engineering) relating to motor vehicles
2. (Botany) self-propelling
au•to•mo•tive(ˌɔ təˈmoʊ tɪv, ˈɔ təˌmoʊ tɪv)
1. of or pertaining to automobiles or other motor vehicles.
2. propelled by a self-contained motor, engine, or the like.n.
3. an industry, store department, etc., specializing in automotive parts.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||automotive - of or relating to motor vehicles; "automotive supplies"|
|2.||automotive - containing within itself the means of propulsion or movement; "a self-propelled vehicle"|
moving - in motion; "a constantly moving crowd"; "the moving parts of the machine"