underrun(redirected from Av drive)
Also found in: Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
tr.v. un·der·ran (-răn′), un·der·run, un·der·run·ning, un·der·runs
1. To run, pass, or go beneath.
2. Nautical To haul (a line or cable) onto a boat for inspection or repair.
1. Something that runs under, as:
a. An amount or a quantity produced that is less than what has been estimated.
b. The difference between this amount or quantity and what has been estimated.
2. An undercurrent.
vb, -runs, -running, -ran or -run
1. (tr) to go beneath
2. (Nautical Terms) (tr) to check the hull of (a boat)
3. (Nautical Terms) (tr) to retract (a net or trawl)
4. (Broadcasting) (intr) (of a broadcast programme) to fall short of scheduled time
5. the degree to which a programme underruns
6. the action of going beneath
7. an undercurrent
v. -ran, -run, -run•ning,
1. to run, pass, or go under.n.
2. something that runs or passes underneath, as a current.
3. an instance of costing less than estimated.
4. a production run below the quantity ordered.