underrun(redirected from Av drive)
Also found in: Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
tr.v. un·der·ran (-răn′), un·der·run, un·der·run·ning, un·der·runs
1. To run, pass, or go beneath.
2. Nautical To haul (a line or cable) onto a boat for inspection or repair.
1. Something that runs under, as:
a. An amount or a quantity produced that is less than what has been estimated.
b. The difference between this amount or quantity and what has been estimated.
2. An undercurrent.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
vb, -runs, -running, -ran or -run
1. (tr) to go beneath
2. (Nautical Terms) (tr) to check the hull of (a boat)
3. (Nautical Terms) (tr) to retract (a net or trawl)
4. (Broadcasting) (intr) (of a broadcast programme) to fall short of scheduled time
5. the degree to which a programme underruns
6. the action of going beneath
7. an undercurrent
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
v. -ran, -run, -run•ning,
1. to run, pass, or go under.n.
2. something that runs or passes underneath, as a current.
3. an instance of costing less than estimated.
4. a production run below the quantity ordered.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.