dibs(redirected from Bagsie)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
1. A claim; rights: I have dibs on that last piece of pie.
2. Money, especially in small amounts.
[Short for dibstones, counters used in a game, probably from obsolete dib, to tap.]
1. (Games, other than specified) another word for jacks
2. a slang word for money
3. (foll by on) informal rights (to) or claims (on): used mainly by children
[C18: shortened from dibstones children's game played with knucklebones or pebbles, probably from dib to tap, dip, variant of dab1]
1. money in small amounts.
2. rights or claims regarding the use or possession of something: I have dibs on the car when she brings it back.
[1720–30; shortening of earlier dibstones knucklebones used in a children's game (dib of obscure orig.)]
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||dibs - a claim of rights; "I have dibs on that last slice of pizza"|
claim - an assertion of a right (as to money or property); "his claim asked for damages"