Also found in: Thesaurus, Wikipedia.
Of or relating to Bali or its people, language, or culture.
n. pl. Balinese
a. A native or inhabitant of Bali.
b. A person of Balinese ancestry.
2. The Indonesian language of Bali.
3. A domestic cat of a breed the resembles the Siamese, from which it was developed, except that it has a long silky coat.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Placename) of or relating to Bali, its people, or their language
2. (Languages) of or relating to Bali, its people, or their language
3. (Peoples) of or relating to Bali, its people, or their language
4. (Placename) a native or inhabitant of Bali
5. (Peoples) a native or inhabitant of Bali
6. (Languages) the language of the people of Bali, belonging to the Malayo-Polynesian family
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
Ba•li•nese(ˌbɑ ləˈniz, -ˈnis, ˌbæl ə-)
n., pl. -nese,
1. a member of a people inhabiting the island of Bali in Indonesia.
2. the Austronesian language of this people.adj.
3. of or pertaining to Bali, the Balinese, or their language.
[1810–20; < Dutch Balinees]
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Balinese - the Indonesian language of the people of Bali|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.