spitball(redirected from Ball scuffing)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
1. A piece of paper chewed and shaped into a lump for use as a projectile.
2. Baseball An illegal pitch in which a foreign substance, such as saliva, is applied to the ball before it is thrown. Also called spitter.
1. school slang a small missile made from chewed paper
2. (Baseball) baseball a ball which has been moistened with saliva prior to pitching
to make suggestions
1. a small lump of chewed paper used as a missile.
2. a baseball pitch, now illegal, made to curve by moistening the ball with saliva or another lubricant.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||spitball - a projectile made by chewing a piece of paper and shaping it into a sphere|
|2.||spitball - an illegal pitch in which a foreign substance (spit or Vaseline) is applied to the ball by the pitcher before he throws it|