ballistic(redirected from Ballistics (disambiguation))
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Wikipedia.
a. Of or relating to the study of the dynamics of projectiles.
b. Of or relating to the study of the internal action of firearms.
2. Of or relating to projectiles, their motion, or their effects.
go ballistic Slang
To become very angry or irrational.
1. (General Physics) of or relating to ballistics
2. (General Physics) denoting or relating to the flight of projectiles after power has been cut off, moving under their own momentum and the external forces of gravity and air resistance
3. (General Physics) (of a measurement or measuring instrument) depending on a brief impulse or current that causes a movement related to the quantity to be measured: a ballistic pendulum.
4. go ballistic informal to become enraged or frenziedly violent
5. (of materials) strong enough to resist damage by projectile weapons: ballistic nylon.
1. of or pertaining to ballistics.
2. having its motion determined or describable by the laws of exterior ballistics.Idioms:
go ballistic, to become overwrought or irrational.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||ballistic - relating to or characteristic of the motion of objects moving under their own momentum and the force of gravity; "ballistic missile"|
go ballistic (Informal)