barnyard(redirected from Barnyards)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
The area surrounding a barn, often enclosed by a fence.
1. Of or characteristic of a barnyard: barnyard animals.
2. Coarse or indecent: barnyard jokes.
1. (Agriculture) a yard adjoining a barn, in which farm animals are kept
2. (modifier) belonging to or characteristic of a barnyard
3. (modifier) crude or earthy: barnyard humour.
1. a yard next to or surrounding a barn.adj.
2. indecent; vulgar: barnyard humor.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||barnyard - a yard adjoining a barn |
yard - an enclosure for animals (as chicken or livestock)