benign tumor

(redirected from Benign neoplasms)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
Related to Benign neoplasms: Neoplastic disease, Benign growth
ThesaurusAntonymsRelated WordsSynonymsLegend:
Noun1.benign tumor - a tumor that is not cancerousbenign tumor - a tumor that is not cancerous  
neoplasm, tumor, tumour - an abnormal new mass of tissue that serves no purpose
adenoma - a benign epithelial tumor of glandular origin
chondroma - a common benign tumor of cartilage cells
enchondroma - benign slow-growing tumor of cartilaginous cells at the ends of tubular bones (especially in the hands and feet)
fibroma - nonmalignant tumor of connective tissue
myoma - a benign tumor composed of muscle tissue
myxoma - a benign tumor of connective tissue containing jellylike material
neurinoma - tumor (usually benign) of the sheath surrounding a nerve
osteoblastoma - benign tumor of bone and fibrous tissue; occurs in the vertebrae or femur or tibia or arm bones (especially in young adults)
osteochondroma - benign tumor containing both bone and cartilage; usually occurs near the end of a long bone
osteoma - a slow growing benign tumor of consisting of bone tissue; usually on the skull or mandible
papillary tumor, papillary tumour, papilloma, villoma - a benign epithelial tumor forming a rounded mass
Translations
References in periodicals archive ?
As shown in Table 3, of the 13 negative for neoplasm FNAs, 10 (77%) were confirmed to be negative for neoplasm on the excision specimens, and the remaining 3 (23%) turned out to be benign neoplasms. The ROM and RON for this category were 0% and 23%, respectively.
In Mohammed et al [20] study, out of 242 patients 183 (75.6%) had benign neoplasms, 51 (21.1%) had malignant neoplasms and 8 (3.3%) had inflammatory or lymphatic lesions.
Dysgerminoma tumours comprised the largest malignant tumours with a mean size of 19.8+- 10.6cm, while benign fibrothecomas constituted the largest benign neoplasms with a mean size of 11+- 7.4 cm.
Cementoblastomas are regarded as benign neoplasms with a limitless growth potential but with little tendency to recur.
Hyperplasias and benign neoplasms. J Am Acad Dermatol 1997;37:887-919.
Desmoid tumors, also known as "well-differentiated nonmetastasizing fibrosarcoma," "Grade I fibrosarcoma," and "aggressive fibromatosis," are very rare benign neoplasms of mesenchymal origin [1].
They can be clinically confused with other lesions that can appear in this area such as malignancies and less frequently other benign neoplasms, such as lipomas, papillary hidradenoma, and epidermoid cysts [1].
Brenner tumors are usually benign neoplasms of the ovary, which are frequently diagnosed incidentally during surgical procedures.
About two-third of all benign neoplasms were seen between the age group of 20 and 40 years, whereas two-third of all malignant ovarian neoplasms were seen after the age of 40 years.
Most masses will be benign neoplasms, with a fraction identified as malignancies.
Leiomyomas are benign neoplasms of smooth muscle origin that are commonly found in the uterus and rarely in the kidney.
The vast majority of patients (306) had benign neoplasms, and 14 patients had malignant neoplasms (Table 1).

Full browser ?