billy(redirected from Billy (TV series))
Also found in: Thesaurus.
n. pl. bil·lies
A billy club.
n. pl. bil·lies Australian
A metal pot or kettle used in camp cooking.
[Probably short for billypot, from Billy, nickname for William.]
n, pl -lies
(Arms & Armour (excluding Firearms)) US and Canadian a wooden club esp a police officer's truncheon
[C19: special use of the name Billy, pet form of William]
n, pl -lies or -lycans
1. a metal can or pot for boiling water, etc, over a campfire
2. Austral and NZ (as modifier): billy-tea.
3. informal Austral and NZ to make tea
[C19: from Scot billypot cooking vessel]
n., pl. -lies.
1. Also called bil′ly club`. a heavy stick used as a weapon, esp. by the police.
2. Also called bil′ly•can` (-ˌkæn) Australian. a pot or kettle for cooking over a campfire.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||billy - a short stout club used primarily by policemen|
club - stout stick that is larger at one end; "he carried a club in self defense"; "he felt as if he had been hit with a club"
|2.||billy - male goat|