References in periodicals archive ?
In 2008, a blue-ribbon committee called the Graham-Talent Commission concluded that bioterror posed an enormous unmet threat.
Government: In its lame-duck session, the US Congress signed a bill forming a new agency, the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA), to offer financial support for companies that are developing vaccines and drugs to counteract potential bioterror threats and pandemics.
However, the former Soviet Union had developed bioterror weapons based on Marburg and other viruses.
Decontaminating children who are exposed to hazardous chemicals during a bioterror attack or other disaster requires special skills.
Ricin toxin is a potential bioterror threat due to its highly lethal toxicity in small doses, ease of manufacture, and ability to be aerosolized.
In many places, preparations to meet the threat of biocrime or bioterror are strengthening the capacity of public health systems to respond to future natural threats of pandemic and panzootic disease.
For all the government's bioterror talk, would this turn out to be a classic First Amendment case?
More than 900,000 servicemen and servicewomen have received the shots, among the millions of doses of various vaccines administered annually to protect troops against disease and bioterror threats.
Given that Bioterror is a collection of magazine articles spanning some eleven years from 1982 to 1993, taken from the pages of Covert Action (the very name of which sums up images of men in bad suits and X-Files aficionados), does this fare stand apart from the others, or is it part of an alarming trend that does anything but push scholarly boundaries?
Recent bioterror attacks and other world events have focused the medical community's attention on agents that might be used in biological warfare.
With soldiers and health care workers receiving smallpox inoculations under President Bush's bioterror prevention program, many Americans are considering whether to receive vaccinations if they become more widely available.
Public Split on Best Policy to Protect Against Smallpox Bioterror Attack
Dictionary browser ?
- biosphere reserve
- biotic community
- biotic potential
Full browser ?
- Biotechnology Information Strategic Forum
- Biotechnology Innovation Fund
- Biotechnology Institute
- Biotechnology Process Engineering Center
- Biotechnology Regulatory Assistance Virtual Office
- Biotechnology Research and Development Corporation
- Biotechnology Research and Education Initiative
- Biotechnology Research and Information Network AG
- Biotechnology Research Center
- Biotechnology Research Institute
- Biotechnology Research Unit
- Biotechnology Risk Assessment Research Grants Program
- Biotechnology Science Advisory Committee
- Biotechnology Science Advisory Council
- Biotechnology Strategy for Agriculture, Food and Fibre
- Biotechnology System
- Biotechnology Technologist-Forensics
- Biotechnology Training Program
- Biotechnology Use and Development Survey
- Biotechnology Working Party
- Biotechnology, Biochemical and Biomass Engineering Program
- Biotechnology/Bioservices Center
- Biotehnologii Industriale
- bioterrorism agent
- Bioterrorism and Public Health Safety Concerns
- Bioterrorism Death
- bioterrorism infectious agents testing
- bioterrorism preparedness
- Bioterrorism Preparedness and Response Program
- Bioterrorism Response Advisory Committee
- Bioterrorism Security Assessment Alliance
- Bioterrorism Training and Curriculum Development Program
- Bioterrorism Wide Area Network
- Biothane Systems International BV
- biotherapeutic agent
- BioTherapeutics Education and Research Foundation