phenothiazine(redirected from Biverm)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
1. A yellow organic compound, C12H9NS, used in insecticides, livestock anthelmintics, and dyes.
2. Any of a group of drugs derived from this compound and used in the treatment of psychiatric disorders, such as schizophrenia.
1. (Elements & Compounds) a colourless to light yellow insoluble crystalline compound used as an anthelmintic for livestock and in insecticides. Formula: C12H9NS
2. (Pharmacology) any of several drugs derived from phenothiazine and used as strong tranquillizers and in the treatment of schizophrenia
phe•no•thi•a•zine(ˌfi nəˈθaɪ əˌzin, -zɪn)
1. a grayish green to greenish yellow, crystalline, water-insoluble solid, C12H9NS, used as an insecticide and vermifuge and in the synthesis of pharmaceuticals.
2. any of a class of medications used principally to treat psychotic symptoms, as hallucinations, and excessive excitability.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||phenothiazine - a compound used primarily in veterinary medicine to rid farm animals of internal parasites|
chlorpromazine, Thorazine - a drug (trade name Thorazine) derived from phenothiazine that has antipsychotic effects and is used as a sedative and tranquilizer
thiazine - a compound made up of a ring of four carbon atoms and one sulfur atom and one nitrogen atom