blackcap(redirected from Blackcaps)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. See black raspberry.
a. A small warbler (Sylvia atricapilla) of Eurasia and Africa, the male of which is gray with a black crown.
b. Any of various other black-crowned birds, such as the chickadee.
1. (Animals) a brownish-grey Old World warbler, Sylvia atricapilla, the male of which has a black crown
2. (Animals) any of various similar birds, such as the black-capped chickadee (Parus atricapillus)
3. (Plants) US a popular name for raspberry3
4. (Law) Brit (formerly) the cap worn by a judge when passing a death sentence
1. any of various small songbirds having a black crown.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||blackcap - raspberry native to eastern North America having black thimble-shaped fruit|
raspberry - red or black edible aggregate berries usually smaller than the related blackberries
|2.||blackcap - small black-headed European gull|
|3.||blackcap - chickadee having a dark crown |
chickadee - any of various small grey-and-black songbirds of North America
|4.||blackcap - small brownish-grey warbler with a black crown|