bleeding heart(redirected from Bleeding Hearts)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. Any of various perennial herbs of the genera Dicentra and Lamprocapnos, especially L. spectabilis, widely cultivated for its arching clusters of pink to red or white heart-shaped flowers.
2. A person who is considered excessively sympathetic toward those who claim to be underprivileged or exploited.
1. (Plants) any of several plants of the genus Dicentra, esp the widely cultivated Japanese species D. spectabilis, which has finely divided leaves and heart-shaped nodding pink flowers: family Fumariaceae
a. a person who is excessively softhearted
b. (as modifier): a bleeding-heart liberal.
1. any of various plants belonging to the genus Dicentra, of the fumitory family, esp. D. spectabilis, having long clusters of rose or red heart-shaped flowers.
2. a person who makes an ostentatious display of pity or concern for others.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||bleeding heart - garden plant having deep-pink drooping heart-shaped flowers|
|2.||bleeding heart - someone who is excessively sympathetic toward those who claim to be exploited or underprivileged|
n (pej: = person) → Sensibelchen nt (inf)