blent(redirected from Blend (disambiguation))
Also found in: Wikipedia.
A past tense and a past participle of blend.
archaic or literary a past participle of blend
1. to mix smoothly and inseparably.
2. to prepare by mixing various sorts or grades: I blend this tea by mixing chamomile with pekoe.v.i.
3. to intermingle smoothly and inseparably.
4. to fit or relate harmoniously: The voices blend well.
5. to have no perceptible separation: Sea and sky seemed to blend.n.
6. a mixture or kind produced by blending.
7. a word made by putting together parts of other words, as motel, made from motor and hotel, or guesstimate, from guess and estimate.
8. a sequence of two or more consonant sounds within a syllable, as the bl in blend; cluster.
[1250–1300; Middle English, Old English blendan to mix, for blandan]
syn: See mix.