bloodhound(redirected from Blood Hound)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
1. A hound of a breed having a smooth coat, drooping ears, loose skin especially around the jowls, and a keen sense of smell.
2. Informal A relentless pursuer.
1. (Breeds) a large breed of hound having a smooth glossy coat of red, tan, or black and loose wrinkled skin on its head: formerly much used in tracking and police work
2. informal a detective
1. one of a breed of large dogs with very long ears, loose skin, a usu. black-and-tan coat, and an acute sense of smell.
2. a person who is a steadfast pursuer.