blood money(redirected from Blood Money (film))
Also found in: Thesaurus.
1. Money paid by a killer as compensation to the next of kin of a murder victim.
2. Money gained at the cost of another's life or livelihood.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. compensation paid to the relatives of a murdered person
2. money paid to a hired murderer
3. a reward for information about a criminal, esp a murderer
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. a fee paid to a hired murderer.
2. compensation paid to the next of kin of a slain person by the slayer or the slayer's relatives.
3. money obtained at a cost of suffering to others.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||blood money - compensation paid to the family of a murdered person|
compensation - something (such as money) given or received as payment or reparation (as for a service or loss or injury)
|2.||blood money - a reward for information about a murderer|
reward - payment made in return for a service rendered
|3.||blood money - paid to a hired murderer|
payment - a sum of money paid or a claim discharged
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.