blunderbuss(redirected from Blunderbus)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
1. A short musket of wide bore and flaring muzzle, formerly used to scatter shot at close range.
2. A person regarded as clumsy and stupid.
1. (Firearms, Gunnery, Ordnance & Artillery) an obsolete short musket with large bore and flared muzzle, used to scatter shot at short range
2. informal a clumsy unsubtle person
[C17: changed (through the influence of blunder) from Dutch donderbus; from donder thunder + obsolete bus gun]
1. a short musket of wide bore with expanded muzzle to scatter shot, bullets, or slugs at close range.
2. an insensitive, blundering person.