Bolognese(redirected from Bolognesi)
Bo·lo·gnese(bō′lə-nēz′, -nēs′, -lən-yēz′, -yēs′)
1. also Bo·lo′gnan (bə-lōn′yən) Of, relating to, or characteristic of Bologna, Italy.
2. Being or served with a sauce containing meat, tomatoes and other vegetables, and often wine and cream: spaghetti Bolognese.
1. also Bolognan A native or inhabitant of Bologna, Italy.
2. Bolognese sauce.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
(Placename) of or relating to Bologna or its inhabitants
(Placename) a native or inhabitant of Bologna
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
Bo•lo•gnese(ˌboʊ ləˈniz, -ˈnis, -lənˈyiz, -ˈyis)
adj., n., pl. -gnese. adj.
1. of or pertaining to Bologna or its inhabitants.n.
2. a native or inhabitant of Bologna.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.