bolter(redirected from Bolters)
Also found in: Wikipedia.
1. A horse given to bolting.
2. One who gives up membership in or withdraws support from a political party.
1. A machine used for sifting, especially for sifting flour.
2. One who operates a sifting machine.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. an outsider in a contest or race
2. (Historical Terms) history an escaped convict; bushranger
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014