boomer(redirected from Boomers)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Idioms, Encyclopedia.
1. One that booms: an amp that is a real boomer.
2. Informal A baby boomer.
3. Informal A nuclear submarine armed with ballistic missiles.
4. A transient worker, especially in bridge construction.
5. Australian A large, fully grown male kangaroo.
1. (Animals) Austral a large male kangaroo
2. informal Austral and NZ anything exceptionally large
[from English dialect]
1. a person or thing that booms.
2. a person who settles in areas or towns that are booming.
3. Informal. baby boomer.
4. an itinerant or migratory worker.
Colloquial for a load binder, a tool used to tighten chains holding down loads.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||boomer - a member of the baby boom generation in the 1950s; "they expanded the schools for a generation of baby boomers"|
individual, mortal, person, somebody, someone, soul - a human being; "there was too much for one person to do"
haut-parleur de graves