borderland(redirected from Borderlands)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. Land located on or near a border.
2. An indeterminate area, situation, or condition: the borderland between sleeping and waking.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Human Geography) land located on or near a frontier or boundary
2. an indeterminate region: the borderland between intellect and intelligence.
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. land forming a border or frontier.
2. an uncertain, intermediate district, space, or condition.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||borderland - district consisting of the area on either side of a border or boundary of a country or an area; "the Welsh marches between England and Wales"|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
The American Heritage® Roget's Thesaurus. Copyright © 2013, 2014 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.