Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
(Placename) the French name for Burgundy
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
Bur•gun•dy(ˈbɜr gən di)
n., pl. -dies for 2,3.
1. a historic region in central France: a former kingdom, duchy, and province.
2. a metropolitan region in central France. 1,609,000; 12,194 sq. mi. (31,582 sq. km).
3. any of the red or white wines produced in this region.
4. (often l.c.) a red wine produced elsewhere.
5. (l.c.) a grayish red-brown to blackish-purple color.French, Bourgogne (for defs. 1,2,7).
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Bourgogne - a former province of eastern France that is famous for its wines|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.