skinhead(redirected from Bovver boy)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
1. A person with a shaven head or very close cropped hair, especially one who associates with a group of similar people.
2. Such a person who associates with a group that commits hooliganism or street violence or that holds white supremacist or anti-immigrant views.
1. a youth with closely cropped hair, esp a member of a subculture noted for short hair, heavy boots, and functional clothing, and commonly associated with aggressive behaviour and extreme, typically far-right, politics
2. (Hairdressing & Grooming) a closely cropped hairstyle
1. a person with a bald or shaved head or closely cropped hair.
2. an antisocial person who affects a hairless head as a symbol of rebellion, racism, or anarchy.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||skinhead - a young person who belongs to a British or American group that shave their heads and gather at rock concerts or engage in white supremacist demonstrations|
bootboys, skinheads - a youth subculture that appeared first in England in the late 1960s as a working-class reaction to the hippies; hair was cropped close to the scalp; wore work-shirts and short jeans (supported by suspenders) and heavy red boots; involved in attacks against Asians and football hooliganism