brainstorm(redirected from Brainstorm (Band))
Also found in: Thesaurus.
1. A sudden clever plan or idea.
2. A sudden, violent disturbance of the mind.
v. brain·stormed, brain·storm·ing, brain·storms
To engage in or organize brainstorming.
1. To consider or investigate (an issue, for example) by brainstorming.
2. To think of or produce (a solution to a problem, for example) by brainstorming.
1. (Pathology) a severe outburst of excitement, often as the result of a transitory disturbance of cerebral activity
2. informal Brit a sudden mental aberration
3. informal another word for brainwave
4. a session of intensive discussion to solve problems or generate ideas
(Pathology) to hold a brainstorming session
1. a sudden inspiration or idea.
2. a fit of mental confusion or excitement.
4. to engage in brainstorming.v.t.
5. to subject (a problem) to brainstorming.
brainstorm- By the 1890s, it was a medical term for "mental explosion".
See also related terms for medical term.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||brainstorm - the clear (and often sudden) understanding of a complex situation|
discernment, savvy, understanding, apprehension - the cognitive condition of someone who understands; "he has virtually no understanding of social cause and effect"
light - mental understanding as an enlightening experience; "he finally saw the light"; "can you shed light on this problem?"
revelation - an enlightening or astonishing disclosure
flash - a sudden brilliant understanding; "he had a flash of intuition"
|Verb||1.||brainstorm - try to solve a problem by thinking intensely about it|