Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Braun(brôn, broun), Eva Anna Paula 1912-1945.
German lover and later wife of Adolf Hitler. They began living together in 1936, but the liaison was kept secret, and she was never seen in public with him. They were married a day before their double suicide.
Braun, Wernher Magnus Maximilian von 1912-1977.
German-born American rocket engineer who was director of the US Army team that put the first American satellite, Explorer I, into space (1958).
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Biography) Eva (ˈeːfa). 1910–45, Adolf Hitler's mistress, whom he married shortly before their suicides in 1945
2. (Biography) Karl Ferdinand. 1850–1918, German physicist, who invented crystal diodes (leading to the development of crystal radio) and the oscilloscope. He shared the Nobel prize for physics (1909) with Marconi
3. (Biography) See (Wernher) von Braun
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. Eva, 1912–45, mistress of Adolf Hitler.
2. Wernher von, 1912–77, German rocket engineer, in U.S. after 1945.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Braun - the German mistress of Adolf Hitler (1910-1945)|
|2.||Braun - United States rocket engineer (born in Germany where he designed a missile used against England); he led the United States Army team that put the first American satellite into space (1912-1977)|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.