Braun(redirected from Brauner)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
Braun(brôn, broun), Eva Anna Paula 1912-1945.
German lover and later wife of Adolf Hitler. They began living together in 1936, but the liaison was kept secret, and she was never seen in public with him. They were married a day before their double suicide.
Braun, Wernher Magnus Maximilian von 1912-1977.
German-born American rocket engineer who was director of the US Army team that put the first American satellite, Explorer I, into space (1958).
1. (Biography) Eva (ˈeːfa). 1910–45, Adolf Hitler's mistress, whom he married shortly before their suicides in 1945
2. (Biography) Karl Ferdinand. 1850–1918, German physicist, who invented crystal diodes (leading to the development of crystal radio) and the oscilloscope. He shared the Nobel prize for physics (1909) with Marconi
3. (Biography) See (Wernher) von Braun
1. Eva, 1912–45, mistress of Adolf Hitler.
2. Wernher von, 1912–77, German rocket engineer, in U.S. after 1945.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Braun - the German mistress of Adolf Hitler (1910-1945)|
|2.||Braun - United States rocket engineer (born in Germany where he designed a missile used against England); he led the United States Army team that put the first American satellite into space (1912-1977)|