staddle(redirected from Bree (Middle-earth))
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
A base or support, especially a platform on which hay or straw is stacked.
1. (Agriculture) a support or prop, esp a low flat-topped stone structure for supporting hay or corn stacks about two feet above ground level
2. (Agriculture) a supporting frame for such a stack
3. (Agriculture) the lower part of a hay or corn stack
[Old English stathol base; related to Old Norse stothull cow pen, Old High German stadal barn]
1. the lower part of a stack of hay or the like.
2. a platform or supporting frame for a stack.
3. any supporting framework or base.
[before 900; Middle English stathel, Old English stathol base, support, tree trunk, c. Old High German stadal barn, Old Norse stǫthull milking place; akin to stead]