meadowsweet(redirected from Bridewort)
Also found in: Medical, Encyclopedia.
1. Any of various shrubs of the genus Spiraea of the rose family, especially S. alba of North America, having tapered clusters of small white or light pink flowers.
2. Any of various perennial herbs of the genus Filipendula of the rose family.
1. (Plants) a Eurasian rosaceous plant, Filipendula ulmaria, with dense heads of small fragrant cream-coloured flowers. See also dropwort1
2. (Plants) any of several North American rosaceous plants of the genus Spiraea, having pyramid-shaped sprays of small flowers
1. any plant of the genus Spiraea, of the rose family, esp. S. latifolia, having white or pink flowers.
2. any plant of the closely related genus Filipendula (or Ulmaria).