References in periodicals archive ?
Shares of British America Tobacco trade at Sh515 each and those of East African Breweries are Sh203 today.
For 13 years, until the arrival of the English Separatists known as the Pilgrims at Plymouth Rock in what is now in Massachusetts in 1620, Virginia was British America. Yet, while almost every child has heard of the Mayflower that brought the Pilgrims, very few Americans can name any of the three ships that carried the 105 English settlers to Jamestown, Virginia, in 1607.
British America Tobacco and Mastermind Tobacco left the region earlier.
Overall, Du Rivage sees British America as English in its culture and identity.
Shields's Oracles of Empire: Poetry, Politics, and Commerce in British America, 1690-1750 (Chicago, 1990) and Eric Wertheimer's Imagined Empires (Cambridge, 1999).
Seven papers from a 2015 conference at the University of Utah discuss imperial peace and restraints in the Dutch-Iberian wars for Brazil 1624-54; tributary subjects and the negotiations of political subordination in Greater Virginia 1676-1730; violent restraint: keeping peace in British America and India; peace, imperial war, and revolution in the 18th-century Atlantic world; nonviolence, positive peace, and American pre-revolutionary protest 1765-75; avoiding the fate of Haiti: negotiating peace in late-colonial Venezuela; and the lessons of Loo Choo: the historical visions of American peace reformers 1815-37.
However, it was the clues in the Upper Canada Land Petitions, submitted by Daniel, that provide a path to finding this elusive Highlander in British America prior to the American Revolution.
The trust roadshows use the inspiration of Sir Ben Ainslie's British America's Cup challenge to inspire primary and secondary school pupils into STEM subjects (science, technology, engineering and maths).
In fact, it can help scholars and students alike to avoid teleology and exceptionalism by reminding us that "there were more than thirteen colonies in eighteenth-century British America" and that colonial American history therefore should not take as its endpoint the American Revolution (p.
Final Passages: The Intercolonial Slave Trade of British America, 1619-1807, by Gregory E.
Thomas Jefferson's A Summary View of the Rights of British America broke no new constitutional ground, but it self-consciously spoke "with that freedom of language and sentiment which becomes a free people claiming their rights, as derived from the laws of nature, and not as the gift of their chief magistrate: Let those flatter who fear; it is not an American art." For New York loyalist Samuel Seabury, such "real whig" rhetoric was belied by the naked and hypocritical usurpation of power by the Continental Congress.
Cultures and Identities in Colonial British America. Baltimore: Johns Hopkins University Press.
Dictionary browser ?
- Bristol board
- Bristol brick
- Bristol Channel
- Bristol diamond
- Bristol fashion
- Bristol stone
- Brit Lit
- brit milah
- Britannia coin
- Britannia metal
- British America
- British angora
- British Antarctic Territory
- British anti-lewisite
- British Association screw thread
- British Broadcasting Corporation
- British Cabinet
- British Cameroons
- British capacity unit
- British capital
- British Civil Airworthiness Requirements
- British Columbia
- British Columbian
- British Commonwealth
- British Commonwealth of Nations
- British Council
- British Crown
- British disease
- British East Africa
- British Empire
- British empiricism
- British English
- British Guiana
- British gum
- British Honduras
- British House of Commons
Full browser ?
- British Airways CitiExpress
- British Airways Clubs Angling Society
- British Airways Component Engineering
- British Airways Employees Federal Credit Union
- British Airways Executive Club
- British Airways Flight Training
- British Airways flying club
- British Airways Holidays
- British Airways London Eye
- British Airways Regional Cargo
- British Airways Retirement Plan
- British Airways Safety Information System
- British Airways Virtual
- British Airways World Cargo
- British Airways, United Kingdom
- British All Styles Karate Association
- British Allergy Foundation
- British Alliance of Healing Associations
- British Allied Manufacturers Representatives
- British Alpine Bred Society
- British Alpine Racing Ski Clubs
- British Alpine Ski School
- British Aluminium Foil Rollers Association
- British Amateur Gymnastic Association
- British Amateur Radio Lighthouse Society
- British Amateur Radio Teledata Group
- British Amateur Robotics Group
- British Amateur Rugby League Association
- British Amateur Weight Lifting Association
- British Amateur Wrestling Federation
- British America
- British American Bank Note Company
- British American Business Council of New England
- British American Business Council Orange County
- British American Business Group
- British American Business Inc.
- British American Capital Partners
- British American College London
- British American Consulting Group
- British American Educational Foundation
- British American Football Association
- British American Football Coaches Association
- British American Football League
- British American Football Referees' Association
- British American Investment
- British American Oil Company
- British American Racing
- British American Scientific International Commercial
- British American Security Information Council
- British American Tobacco
- British American Tobacco - US
- British American Tobacco Australia
- British American Tobacco Australia Services, Ltd.
- British American Tobacco Central America SA
- British American Tobacco Documents Archive
- British American Tobacco Japan Ltd.
- British American Tobacco Malaysia
- British American Tobacco New Zealand
- British American Tobacco Nigeria
- British American Tobacco South Africa
- British American Tobacco Uganda Ltd.