vengeful(redirected from British Military Intelligence Systems in Northern Ireland)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Wikipedia.
1. Desiring vengeance; vindictive: epidemics seen as acts of a vengeful God.
2. Characterized by or stemming from a desire for revenge: a vengeful attack by a spurned lover; vengeful anger.
3. Serving to exact vengeance: a vengeful sword.
1. desiring revenge; vindictive
2. characterized by or indicating a desire for revenge: a vengeful glance.
3. inflicting or taking revenge: with vengeful blows.
1. desiring or seeking vengeance; vindictive.
2. characterized by or showing a vindictive spirit.
[1580–90; shortened form of revengeful]
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||vengeful - disposed to seek revenge or intended for revenge; "more vindictive than jealous love"- Shakespeare; "punishments...essentially vindictive in their nature"- M.R.Cohen|
unforgiving - unwilling or unable to forgive or show mercy; "a surly unforgiving old woman"