Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to Browne: Thomas Browne
Browne(broun), Charles Farrar Pen name Artemus Ward (wôrd) 1834-1867.
American humorist who used backwoods characters and local dialect to comment on current events in his fictional tales of an itinerant showman.
Browne, Sir Thomas 1605-1682.
English physician and writer known for the richness of his prose in works such as Religio Medici (1642), an attempt to reconcile Christian faith with scientific knowledge.
1. (Biography) Coral (Edith). 1913–91, Australian actress: married to Vincent Price
2. (Biography) Hablot Knight. See Phiz
3. (Biography) Sir Thomas. 1605–82, English physician and author, noted for his magniloquent prose style. His works include Religio Medici (1642) and Hydriotaphia or Urn Burial (1658)
1. Charles Farrer ( “Artemus Ward” ), 1834–67, U.S. humorist.
2. Sir Thomas, 1605–82, English physician and author.