busses(redirected from Buer)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Financial, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
A plural of bus.
n., pl. bus•es, bus•ses, n.
1. a large, long-bodied motor vehicle equipped with seating for passengers, usu. operating as part of a scheduled service.
2. a similar horse-drawn vehicle.
3. a passenger automobile or airplane used in a manner resembling that of a bus.
4. a heavy bar of copper or other conducting material, used to collect, carry, and distribute powerful electric currents.
5. a circuit that connects the CPU with other devices in a computer.v.t.
6. to convey or transport by bus.
7. to transport (pupils) to school by bus, esp. as a means of achieving racial integration.v.i.
8. to travel on or by means of a bus.
[1825–35; short for omnibus]
v.i., v.t. bused bussed, bus•ing bus•sing.
to work as a busboy or busgirl.
[1885–90; back formation from busboy]