bummer(redirected from Bummers)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. Slang One that depresses, frustrates, or disappoints: Getting stranded at the airport was a real bummer.
2. Slang An adverse reaction to a hallucinogenic drug.
a. A loafer or idler.
b. A beggar.
[From bum, adj.. Sense 3, probably from German Bummler, loafer, from bummeln, to loaf.]
1. an unpleasant or disappointing experience
2. chiefly US a vagrant or idler
3. an adverse reaction to a drug, characterized by panic or fear
a person who bums.
1. the unpleasant aftermath of taking narcotic drugs, esp. frightening hallucinations.
2. any unpleasant or disappointing experience.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||bummer - an experience that is irritating or frustrating or disappointing; "having to stand in line so long was a real bummer"|
|2.||bummer - a bad reaction to a hallucinogenic drug|
effect - a symptom caused by an illness or a drug; "the effects of sleep loss"; "the effect of the anesthetic"