Also found in: Wikipedia.
1. Of or relating to the principal, Burmese-speaking ethnic group of Myanmar.
2. Of or relating to Myanmar; Burmese.
n. pl. Bur·mans
1. A member of the principal, Burmese-speaking ethnic group of Myanmar, especially as distinguished from the Shan, Karen, and other minority peoples.
2. A native or inhabitant of Myanmar; a Burmese.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
n., pl. -mans,
1. a member of the dominant ethnic group of Burma, living mainly in the lowlands of the Irrawaddy and Chindwin River drainages and the S panhandle.
3. of or pertaining to the Burmans as an ethnic group.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.