Belorussian(redirected from Byelorussians)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
Of or relating to the region or former Soviet Socialist Republic of Belorussia.
1. A native or inhabitant of Belorussia.
2. Variant of Belarusian..
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Placename) a variant spelling of Belarussian
2. (Languages) a variant spelling of Belarussian
3. (Peoples) a variant spelling of Belarussian
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
Bye•lo•rus•sian(ˌbyɛl əˈrʌʃ ən, ˌbɛl ə-)
1. a native or inhabitant of Belarus.
2. an East Slavic language spoken in Belarus.adj.
3. of or pertaining to Belarus or its inhabitants.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Belorussian - a native or inhabitant of Byelorussia|
Belarus, Belorussia, Byelarus, Byelorussia, Republic of Belarus, White Russia - a landlocked republic in eastern Europe; formerly a European soviet
European - a native or inhabitant of Europe
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.