crier(redirected from CRIAS)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Acronyms.
1. One that cries, such as a person who sheds tears more readily than others.
2. See town crier.
3. See hawker.
4. An official who announces the orders of a court of law.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. a person or animal that cries
2. (Communications & Information) (formerly) an official who made public announcements, esp in a town or court
3. (Marketing) a person who shouts advertisements about the goods he is selling
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. a person who cries.
2. a court or town official who makes public announcements.
3. a hawker.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||crier - a person who weeps |
bawler - a loud weeper; "their new baby is a real bawler"
blubberer - someone who sniffles and weeps with loud sobs
|2.||crier - (formerly) an official who made public announcements|
announcer - someone who proclaims a message publicly
|3.||crier - a peddler who shouts to advertise the goods he sells|
hawker, packman, peddler, pedlar, pitchman - someone who travels about selling his wares (as on the streets or at carnivals)
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.