calamondin(redirected from Calamansi)
1. A small evergreen citrus tree (Citrofortunella ×mitis), widely cultivated as a houseplant for its glossy foliage and ornamental fruits.
2. The sour fruit of this plant, resembling a small tangerine and sometimes used as a flavoring or for beverages, sauces, or marmalades.
[Kapampangan (Malayo-Polynesian language of Luzon) kalamunding.]
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Plants) a small citrus tree, Citrus mitis, of the Philippines
2. (Plants) the acid-tasting fruit of this tree, resembling a small orange
[from Tagalog kalamunding]
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
cal•a•mon•din(ˈkæl əˌmʌn dən)
1. a small citrus tree, Citrofortunella mitis, of the Philippines.
2. the small, tart, tangerinelike fruit of this tree.
[1925–35; < Tagalog kalamunding]
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.