calcium phosphate(redirected from Calc phos)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
1. A white amorphous powder, Ca3(PO4)2, used in ceramics, rubber, fertilizers, and plastic stabilizers and as a food supplement.
2. A dibasic white crystalline powder, CaHPO4, used as an animal food, as a plastic stabilizer, and in glass and toothpaste.
3. A monobasic colorless deliquescent powder, Ca(H2PO4)2, used in baking powders, as a plant food, as a plastic stabilizer, and in glass.
1. (Elements & Compounds) the insoluble nonacid calcium salt of orthophosphoric acid (phosphoric(V) acid): it occurs in bones and is the main constituent of bone ash. Formula: Ca3(PO4)2
2. (Elements & Compounds) any calcium salt of a phosphoric acid. Calcium phosphates are found in many rocks and used esp in fertilizers
a phosphate of calcium, used as a fertilizer, food additive, and in baking powder.