callback(redirected from Callback (disambiguation))
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. The act or an instance of calling back from one location or situation to the previous one: a callback of laid-off auto workers.
2. A second or follow-up audition, especially as one of a set of such auditions for a role in a play.
3. A return telephone or radio call.
4. A recall of a recently sold product by the manufacturer to correct a defect.
an invitation to someone who has attended an interview, audition, etc to attend a subsequent round in a selection process
1. a summoning of workers back to work after a layoff.
2. a request to a performer to return for further auditioning.
3. a return telephone call.