Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to Camelot: King Arthur
1. In Arthurian legend, the site of King Arthur's court.
2. A place or time of idealized beauty, peacefulness, and enlightenment.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (European Myth & Legend) (in Arthurian legend) the English town where King Arthur's palace and court were situated
2. (Historical Terms) (in the US) the supposedly golden age of the presidency of John F. Kennedy, 1961–63
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. the legendary site of King Arthur's palace and court, possibly near Exeter, England.
2. any idyllic place or period, esp. one of great happiness.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Camelot - (Arthurian legend) the capital of King Arthur's kingdom; according to the legend, truth and goodness and beauty reigned there|
Arthurian legend - the legend of King Arthur and his court at Camelot
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.