camp follower(redirected from Camp-follower)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
1. A civilian who follows a military unit from place to place, especially as a vendor of supplies or as a prostitute.
2. One who follows but does not belong to a main body or group.
1. (Military) any civilian, esp a prostitute, who unofficially provides services to military personnel
2. a nonmember who is sympathetic to a particular group, theory, etc
1. a civilian who follows or settles near an army camp, esp. a prostitute.
2. a person who espouses the aims of a group without belonging to it.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||camp follower - a prostitute who provides service to military personnel|
|2.||camp follower - a follower who is not a member of an ingroup|
follower - a person who accepts the leadership of another