capstone(redirected from Cap-stone)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. The top stone of a structure or wall.
2. The crowning achievement or final stroke; the culmination or acme.
1. (Building) one of a set of slabs on the top of a wall, building, etc
2. (Mountaineering) mountaineering a chockstone occurring at the top of a gully or chimney
3. a crowning achievement; peak: the capstone of his career.
1. a finishing stone of a structure.
2. the crowning achievement.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||capstone - a final touch; a crowning achievement; a culmination|
touch - deftness in handling matters; "he has a master's touch"
|2.||capstone - a stone that forms the top of wall or building|
stone - building material consisting of a piece of rock hewn in a definite shape for a special purpose; "he wanted a special stone to mark the site"
wall - an architectural partition with a height and length greater than its thickness; used to divide or enclose an area or to support another structure; "the south wall had a small window"; "the walls were covered with pictures"
n (Archit) (lit, fig) → Schlussstein m; (of wall) → Mauerkappe f