References in periodicals archive ?
At the highest level Tal, Kasparov and Carlsen are viewed as brilliant exponents of the former and Capablanca and Petrosian chas mpions of the latter.
Indeed, 2016 is a banner year for So, an avid social-media citizen who now spends more time reading books of chess greats like Garry Kasparov and Jose Raul Capablanca when preparing for tournaments.
La censura del film PM y el cierre de Lunes de Revolucion, la polemica con El Caiman Barbudo, la defensa de Heberto Padilla, Reinaldo Arenas y tantos otros escritores cubanos reprimidos durante los anos setenta y ochenta, sus homenajes a Jose Marti, Lino Novas Calvo, Lydia Cabrera, Calvert Casey, Enrique Labrador Ruiz, Jose Lezama Lima, Virgilio Pinera, Jose Raul Capablanca o Nestor Almendros, a quien dedicaba el libro, la vindicacion del exilio o su exhaustivo inventario de los abusos y desmanes del castrismo tenian la fuerza de una verdad politica.
S<AEa>nchez presents students, academics, and general interest readers with an examination of the life and legacy of Cuban World Chess Champion Jos<AE> Ra<AEu>l Capablanca.
The range of correspondents is vast, including conductors such as Albert Coates, Sir Henry Wood, Sergei Koussevitzky, Hermann Scherchen, and Ernest Ansermet; soloists Joseph Szigeti, Pablo Casals, Robert Soetens, and Fedor Chaliapin; composers Igor Stravinsky, Nikolai Miaskovsky, and Maurice Ravel; directors Vsevolod Meyerhold and Alexander Tairov; Ballets Russes impresario Serge Diaghilev; and chess grandmaster Jose Capablanca.
After decades spent playing simultaneous chess, an 87-year-old Hungarian pensioner clinched a world record Sunday, by finally overtaking a total set by 1920s Cuban grandmaster Jose Raul Capablanca.
Hay un campeon mundial de ajedrez, Jose Raul Capablanca, y eso hace que se vea una Isla desproporcionada.
And, not since Cuban Jose Capablanca beat German Emmanuel Lasker in 1921, has there been a World Championship match that did not feature a Russian or Soviet bloc player or even a former Eastern bloc player, as Veselin Topalov was.
Nicknamed 'The Human Chess Machine' for the simplicity and speed of his style, Capablanca not only has a claim to be the greatest player of all time, but is also arguably the finest ever player of Blitz Chess, in which players are only allowed five minutes per move.
Complication, incidentally, is a watchmaker's term, and nobody would deny that the first wristwatches had been less complex than the Breguets favored by Byron and Pushkin, just as in chess, ancient gambits and openings are child's play next to the Rubik's Cubes of Alekhine and Capablanca.
It is revealing that in addition to comparing himself to geniuses, such as Stradivarius and Capablanca, Comezon also compares himself to Nebuchadnezzar and Sisyphus: the former was a famous Babylonian emperor who, according to Biblical accounts, went mad for seven years, while the latter was the king of Corinth condemned to forever push a rock up a hill in Hades only to watch it roll back down.
His approach attracted numerous followers, and the Cuban maestro Jose Raul Capablanca (1888-1942) made a great success with the Modern style.
Dictionary browser ?
- caoutchouc tree
- cap and bells
- cap gun
- Cap Haitien
- cap in hand
- Cap money
- Cap of a cannon
- Cap of liberty
- cap of maintenance
- cap off
- cap opener
- Cap paper
- cap pistol
- cap rock
- cap screw
- cap sleeve
- capacitance unit
- capacitor microphone
- capacity audience
- Capacity for heat
- capacity load (Navy)
- capacity measure
- capacity unit
Full browser ?
- Capability Maturity Model
- Capability Maturity Model
- Capability Maturity Model Integration
- Capability Maturity Model Integration - Software Engineering
- Capability Maturity Model Integration - Systems Engineering
- Capability Maturity Model Integration for Acquisition
- Capability Maturity Model Level Transition
- Capability Maturity Module Plan
- Capability meturity model
- Capability Model
- Capability Package
- Capability Package Coordination Officer
- Capability Packages
- Capability Password Level
- Capability Point Code
- Capability Portfolio Manager
- Capability Provider
- Capability Provisioning Activity
- Capability Provisioning Document
- Capability Request
- Capability Requirement
- Capability Resource Allocation Display
- Capability Set
- Capability Set 1
- Capability Set Management Board
- Capability to Transmit
- Capability-based Command Security
- Capability-Based Engineering Analysis
- Capability-Based Restructuring
- Capability-Focused Technology Investment
- Capablanca, Jose Raul
- Capablanca, José Raúl
- capable of being adjudged invalid
- capable of being adjudged void
- capable of being annulled
- capable of being appeased
- capable of being bounded
- capable of being completed
- capable of being concluded
- capable of being conditioned
- capable of being decided by a court
- capable of being declared ineffectual
- capable of being declared void
- capable of being deducted
- capable of being demonstrated
- capable of being divided
- capable of being done
- capable of being ended
- capable of being examined
- capable of being exchanged
- capable of being figured out
- capable of being fixed
- capable of being inhabited
- capable of being limited
- capable of being maintained