Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to Caucasoid: Human races
Of or relating to the Caucasian racial classification. No longer in scientific use. See Usage Note at Negroid.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
(Peoples) denoting, relating to, or belonging to the lighter-complexioned supposed racial group of mankind, which includes the peoples indigenous to Europe, N Africa, SW Asia, and the Indian subcontinent and their descendants in other parts of the world
(Peoples) a member of this racial group
Usage: The word Caucasoid and other words ending in -oid and relating to racial group are controversial scientifically and best avoided
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
Cau•ca•sian(kɔˈkeɪ ʒən, -ʃən, -ˈkæʒ ən, -ˈkæʃ-)
adj. Also, Cau•cas•ic (kɔˈkæs ɪk, -ˈkæz-)
1. of, designating, or characteristic of one of the traditional racial divisions of humankind, marked by fair to dark skin, straight to curly hair, and light to very dark eyes and orig. inhabiting Europe, parts of North Africa, W Asia, and India.
2. of the Caucasus region, its peoples, or their culture.
3. of or designating the non-Indo-European, non-Turkic languages spoken by the indigenous peoples of the Caucasus and adjacent areas.n.
4. a person having Caucasian physical characteristics.
5. a native or inhabitant of the Caucasus.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.