Also found in: Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. One of an ancient Celtic people of northern Spain.
2. The language of this people, known from place and personal names and from inscriptions.
Of or relating to the Celtiberians or to their language or culture.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
Celtiberian(ˌkɛltɪˈbɪərɪən; -taɪ-; ˌsɛl-)
1. (Peoples) a member of a Celtic people (Celtiberi) who inhabited the Iberian peninsula during classical times
2. (Historical Terms) a member of a Celtic people (Celtiberi) who inhabited the Iberian peninsula during classical times
3. (Languages) the extinct language of this people, possibly belonging to the Celtic branch of the Indo-European family, recorded in a number of inscriptions
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
A. ADJ → celtibérico
B. N → celtíbero/a m/f
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005