cession(redirected from Cessate)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal.
act of ceding, as of territory
Not to be confused with:
session – a meeting; a period of time
1. A ceding or surrendering, as of territory to another country by treaty.
2. Something, such as territory, that is ceded.
1. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) the act of ceding, esp of ceding rights, property, or territory
2. (Law) the act of ceding, esp of ceding rights, property, or territory
3. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) something that is ceded, esp land or territory
[C14: from Latin cessiō, from cēdere to yield]
1. the act of ceding, as by treaty.
2. something that is ceded, as territory.