Charles Edward Stuart(redirected from Charles Edward Louis John Casimir Silvester Severino Maria Stuart)
Also found in: Encyclopedia.
Charles Edward Stuart
(Biography) See Stuart2
Stu•art(ˈstu ərt, ˈstyu-)
1. a member of the royal family that ruled in Scotland from 1371 to 1714 and in England from 1603 to 1714.
2. Charles Edward ( “the Young Pretender” or “Bonnie Prince Charlie” ), 1720–80, grandson of James II.
3. Gilbert (Charles), 1755–1828, U.S. painter.
4. James Ewell Brown ( “Jeb” ), 1833–64, Confederate general in the Civil War.
5. James Francis Edward. Also called James III. ( “the Old Pretender” ), 1688–1766, English prince.