Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
n. pl. Chick·a·saw or Chick·a·saws
1. A member of a Native American people formerly inhabiting northeast Mississippi and northwest Alabama, now located in south-central Oklahoma. The Chickasaw were removed to Indian Territory in the 1830s.
2. The Muskogean language of the Chickasaw.
npl -saws or -saw
1. (Peoples) a member of a Native American people of N Mississippi
2. (Languages) the language of this people, belonging to the Muskogean family and closely related to Choctaw
n., pl. -saws, (esp. collectively) -saw.
1. a member of an American Indian people orig. of N Mississippi, removed to the Indian Territory in 1837–47.
2. a dialect of the Muskogean language shared by the Chickasaw and Choctaw.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Chickasaw - a member of the Muskhogean people formerly living in northern Mississippi|
|2.||Chickasaw - the Muskhogean language of the Chickasaw|