Circassian(redirected from Circassians)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. A native or inhabitant of Circassia.
2. The Northwest Caucasian language of the Circassians.
Of or relating to Circassia or its people, language, or culture.
1. (Peoples) a native of Circassia
3. (Placename) relating to Circassia, its people, or language
4. (Peoples) relating to Circassia, its people, or language
5. (Languages) relating to Circassia, its people, or language
Cir•cas•sian(sərˈkæʃ ən, -i ən)
1. a member of a group of peoples of the Kuban River basin and NE Caucasus in the Russian Federation.
2. either or both of the two Caucasian languages spoken by the Circassians.adj.
3. of or pertaining to Circassia, the Circassians, or their languages.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Circassian - a member of the Sunni Muslim people living in northwestern Caucasia|
Caucasia, Caucasus - a large region between the Black and Caspian seas that contains the Caucasus Mountains; oil is its major resource
|2.||Circassian - a mostly Sunni Muslim community living in northwestern Caucasia|
community - a group of people living in a particular local area; "the team is drawn from all parts of the community"
|3.||Circassian - a northern Caucasian language spoken by the Circassian|
Caucasian language, Caucasian - a number of languages spoken in the Caucasus that are unrelated to languages spoken elsewhere