Circassian(redirected from Circassians)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. A native or inhabitant of Circassia.
2. The Northwest Caucasian language of the Circassians.
Of or relating to Circassia or its people, language, or culture.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Peoples) a native of Circassia
3. (Placename) relating to Circassia, its people, or language
4. (Peoples) relating to Circassia, its people, or language
5. (Languages) relating to Circassia, its people, or language
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
Cir•cas•sian(sərˈkæʃ ən, -i ən)
1. a member of a group of peoples of the Kuban River basin and NE Caucasus in the Russian Federation.
2. either or both of the two Caucasian languages spoken by the Circassians.adj.
3. of or pertaining to Circassia, the Circassians, or their languages.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Circassian - a member of the Sunni Muslim people living in northwestern Caucasia|
Caucasia, Caucasus - a large region between the Black and Caspian seas that contains the Caucasus Mountains; oil is its major resource
|2.||Circassian - a mostly Sunni Muslim community living in northwestern Caucasia|
community - a group of people living in a particular local area; "the team is drawn from all parts of the community"
|3.||Circassian - a northern Caucasian language spoken by the Circassian|
Caucasian language, Caucasian - a number of languages spoken in the Caucasus that are unrelated to languages spoken elsewhere
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.